- This event has passed.
Advancing STEM Research Training (Day 1 of 5)
June 12 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The ASRT Program Offers YOU:
Thanks to funding from Regeneron, ZEISS, and the application of Jay Cecrle of Adams Central.
Zoom Follow-up Support During the School Year
A Curriculum with Customizable Activities and Guides
Helping High School Teachers Provide STEM Research Opportunities
Information and Insight on ALL Stages of the Student Research Process
* Benefits of Having Students Involved in STEM research projects
* Mistakes That Hinder Growth and Success
* Understanding the Current and/or Potential Obstacles
* Strategies for Helping Students Address Short-term & Long-term Goals
* Benefits of Increasing Contact Time, Structure and Enthusiasm for STEM Research
* How to increase STEM Research Opportunities and Building a Program
* Helping Students to “Think Outside of the Box” When Deciding on a Topic and Project
* Helping Students Connect with Mentors
* Opportunities for Students to Present Research in Different Venues (Local Gatherings, Professional Conferences, National and International Competitions.
* Understanding the different deadlines, formats and application forms of the numerous competitions
* General Overview for Creation: PowerPoint/Google Slides or Poster
* Training Students How to Present Their Research in a Professional, Clear, Enthusiastic Manner
* Creating Research Papers
* Community Outreach
* Establishing a Practice Night for the JSHS Competition (PowerPoint/Google Slides )
* Establishing a Practice Night for Regional Science Fairs (Poster Presentations)
Day 5 – half day
* Incorporating an Info Session for incoming Students and Parents
* Creating an End-of-year Showcase/Symposium for all Current Students to Present to the Community
* Customizing Activities to Suit Any Style of Class, Club or STEM research Program
STEMResearchConsulting@gmail.com or Jay.Cecrle@adams-central.org
$400 stipend is available for ESU 9 science teachers from Title II-A Consortium Member Schools: Adams Central, Blue Hill, Doniphan-Trumbull, Giltner, Hampton, Kenesaw, Red Cloud, Silver Lake, and Sutton.
*Must attend all 4.5 days
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions!