- This event has passed.
Culture and the Brain (Day 1 of 2)
June 14 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Equity, Inclusion and Culturally Responsive Teaching
June 14th – Day 1
* Defining equity, inclusion, and culturally responsive teaching and learning
* The “Opportunity Myth” explored
* The neuroscience of learning and information processing
* Introspection and self-reflective practices
June 15 – Day 2
* HOW to shift dependent learning to independent learning
* High-quality instructional delivery practices shared
* Effective strategies for student engagement and empowerment
Participants will receive the book Culturally Responsive Teaching and The Brain: Promoting Authentic Engagement and Rigor Among Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students by Zaretta L. Hammond
$150 stipend (2021) per day is available for teachers from Title II-A Consortium Member Schools: Adams Central, Blue Hill, Doniphan-Trumbull, Giltner, Kenesaw, Red Cloud, Silver Lake, and Sutton.
1 Credit Hour available through Hastings College, $220/credit hour
**Must attend both days and submit a culturally responsive plan of action to receive credit.