- This event has passed.
Kagan Cooperative Learning (Day 1 of 2)
June 7 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
“Structuring” for Active Engagement!
Create full student engagement with Kagan Structures—simple yet powerful cooperative learning instructional strategies. Supported by a large body of scientific research, and proven effective in countless classrooms, schools, and districts, this revolutionary way to teach is transforming teaching and learning. Come experience the power of Kagan Structures. See how easy it is use teamwork and pairs to create a greater level of engagement than you imagined possible, even for your reluctant learners. Kagan will give you the Seven Keys to unlock the door to successful cooperative learning. If you want more fun in teaching, highly engaged students who love your classroom, and elevated test scores, this workshop is for you!
* Pump up the fun, friendships, and liking for learning and each other with Classbuilding and Teambuilding
* Experience why group work simply doesn’t work for everyone, and why Kagan Structures do
* Save valuable time and energy with easy-to-use structures that make lesson planning a snap
* Keep students on task and effectively manage disruptions with engaging structures
* Master the different types of pairs and teams, how to form them, and when to use them
* Provide students the will to work together and the skills to do so successfully
* Take away hot management tips that will make managing your cooperative class a snap
* Fully understand and implement basic principles that spell success for your students
* Create an environment where all students are accountable for complete engagement, every day
Registration fee includes: materials, software, national recognized Kagan presenter, breakfast, and lunch.
*1 Credit available through Hastings College, $210/credit hour.
**Must attend both days