- This event has passed.
Super Heroes in Training: New Teachers (Day 4 of 4)
March 21, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
I’m a New Teacher: What’s Your Super Power?
Open to 1st and 2nd year teachers, as well as those returning to the profession!
* Join a Google Community and Team
* Understand the importance of building relationships -“Students don’t care what you know until they know that you care.”
* Learn about “The Art and Science of Teaching” as a framework for teaching techniques and instructional strategies.
* Use Technology – Google applications in the classroom.
* Become familiar with Best Practices in Special Education
* Utilize instructional routines and strategies based on current research and literature.
* Implement classroom management practices based on current research and literature.
* Provide resources and technical tools.
August 2 – 3
* Introductions – Building a Community
* Overview of New Teacher Sessions
* Instructional Strategies, Tech Tools
* Special Education Break-Out
Reflection, Goal Setting, Engagement, Homework, Grading, Classroom Management, Tech Tools
TBD by New Teacher participants!