Program Coordinator/Supervisor – Central/Western Nebraska Partnership for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing – ESU 9.
Bachelors degree in Deaf Education, three years of successful teaching experience as a teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, and ability to communicate in ASL are required. Masters degree and Nebraska Administrative Certificate is preferred. Must possess at all times during employment a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with a deaf education endorsement.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Serve as the educational leader of the program
- Coordinate all aspects of the program
- Provide professional development including interpreter training
- Coordinate and facilitate student activities in collaboration with other coordinators. This includes summer camp.
- Provide consultative service to schools
- Manage lending library materials
- Manage FM loaners and technology materials
- Manage expenditures and budget
- Attend statewide meetings/in-services to represent CWNP
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with Nebraska Regional Program Coordinators, State Liaison, NDE staff, Special Education Directors, and others
Educational Service Unit 9 offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This is a two hundred ten (210) day contract offered in conjunction with the Nebraska Department of Education. Frequent over night and weekend travel is required. For more information about the position, contact Jessica Moore, Director of Special Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Lois for an application at 402-463-5611 or apply online here.
Application Deadline: April 26, 2018
Substitute teachers and substitute paraeducators for preschool and school age special needs students for ESU 9. Teachers must have valid teaching or substitute certificate and are paid at the substitute teacher rate. Paras earn $9.00 per hour for preschool and school-age classes. Mileage paid to all substitutes. Flexible hours. Call Lois for application at 402-463-5611 or apply online at https://esu9.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities/applications-and-process/.
Substitute drivers needed in Hastings area for preschool students for ESU 9. Drivers must have or be able to obtain a small vehicle permit and/or CDL license. Call Lois for classified application at 402-463-5611 or apply online.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
It is the policy of Educational Service Unit 9 (ESU 9) not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, handicap, religion, or marital status in its educational programs, activities or employment policies. Questions or grievances may be directed to the Administrator of ESU 9, 1117 East South Street, Hastings, NE 68901, telephone: 402-463-5611.