ESU #9 Speech Language Pathologists:
- provide assessment and intervention or instruction to students with communicative disorders from birth through 21 years of age
- work as a team with local district special education resource teachers, regular education teachers, other special education personnel such as Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Deaf Educators, Early Childhood Specialists, etc.
- work in schools and have integral roles in education, are essential members of schools they serve, and help students meet the performance standards of the school district and the state of Nebraska
- unique contribution to curriculum, highlighting language and literacy for students
- provide direction in defining their SLP roles and responsibilities and ensuring appropriate services to all students
The Director of Special Services is Jessica Moore.